Saturday 19 July 2008

Day 44 Rest Day in Erie.

This morning John and I were informed that we were moving out of Sarge's room as he was going to be in with two of his friends who were arriving in Erie for the last tour. I was going to be in with Jay and Rick when the hotels provided a triple room. It is hard to believe that we have arrived at the last tour and that there are only 8 more riding days left.
John and I moved our stuff out first then gathered together our washing and headed about five blocks south to the laundry. Hard to believe that on a rest day we were ina hotel with no laundry, no pool, breakfast wasn't included and the Wi-Fi wasn't working. There were a lot of people who were less than pleased. After lunch Gary loaned me his lap-top and I set to work doing some updates and downloading photos. I then walked down to the shores of Lake Erie (remember it well from geograph A level), for a look around. After that it was off to a restaurant for dinner and a couple of well earned beers. Well it's not every day I have to do my laundry.
Today was a good rest day and the bike did not turn a wheel, though it did get a bit of a clean and its chain lubed.

No comments: